The Mental aspect:
- The flexible movements practiced in yoga can release balled up stress chemicals hidden in joints. For example, the hip flexure opens up your waist, and expels held up emotions.
- Your mind is clarified, and you can clearly think about problems that, before your practice, you could not solve.
- Your emotions are stable due to the expelling of the built up stress you had prior to your practice.
The Physical Aspect:
- Flexibility improved through your practice.
- Stamina is improved (especially in the practice of Hot Yoga).
- Weight loss, again especially in Hot Yoga. One can lose up to 1,000 calories per class.